RECIPE ONE: HONEY GLAZED SALMON
Adapted from recipe by Lena Abraham
YEILDS 4 SERVINGS
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. TeaVino Orange Pu-Erh or Peach Mango black tea (ground)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 6-oz. salmo filets, patted dry with paper towel
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon sliced into rounds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and ground tea.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons oil. When oil is hot but not smoking, add salmon skin-side up and season with salt and pepper. Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip over and add remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the honey mixture and sliced lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3. Baste salmon with the sauce.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and serve.